I was recently in San Fran for the Dreamforce conference, and I had every intention of doing restaurant reviews while there. Sadly, the actual reviewing and picture taking process never happened; so instead, here were the highlights of my trip.
Zare at Fly Trap:
- Persian cuisine. Don’t go here if you have dietary restrictions of allergies, this place needs to be enjoyed with an open mind
- We ate family style so we could try everything; there was not a single dish that wasn’t fantastic and unique. Plates were licked clean, lol.
- Their Baklava dessert is SUBLIME
- Japanese food, very authentic
- The sushi and sake list are superb, ask for the Sashshimi or Sushi Omakase. The Uni is some of the freshest I’ve had the pleasure of devouring.
- Friendly staff and chefs, I recommend eating at the sushi bar. They all speak Japanese (and from what I saw, are Japanese)
- There are two locations in downtown SF, both are superb
- Peruvian food. This is a favorite spot of mine in Half Moon Bay.
- I can never get enough of the ceviches here, the ceviche mixto is amazing.
- We got the paella; but honestly, skip that and get something with beef or pork. Their meat entrees are amazing.
- Best place for a Pisco Sour! The rest of the drink menu is also wonderful, and you can’t beat the views of the ocean/sunset.
I believe that covers all my favorites, so check them out!